We are lucky here in Tampa! We have a beautiful city and winter weather that just can’t be beat! Some may find it hard to get in the holiday spirit when the temperatures still hit the 80s, but there are many fun activities happening around town that are sure to get you in the mood! Here are some of our top picks, including ice skating, menorah lighting, light tours and parties!
- Ice Skating at Curtis Hixon Park – This is so much fun for kids and adults alike! Skates are available to rent and there’s a small cafe with treats like hot chocolate. This year also features a winter village at the park.
- Grand Hanukkah Celebration – Head out to the Shops at Wiregrass for the annual menorah lighting, along with face painting, latkes, donuts and more.
- Wonderland of Lights – Set at the Hillsborough Fairground, this month long event includes light displays, horse drawn carriages, food, crafts and more.
- Vodka Latke – The area’s biggest event for young Jewish singles and couples. You don’t want to miss this party at the beautiful Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg.
- Noon Year’s Eve – Lowry Park Zoo counts down the New Year at noon so the little ones can celebrate! The event also includes games and live entertainment.
For details on these events and more go to http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/holiday/index.page.